USSSA / All-American Showcase
Saturday February 24th, 2018
Big League Dreams Jurupa Valley, 10550 Cantu-Galleano Ranch Rd., Mira Loma, CA 91752
09u – 14u ONLINE REGISTRATION (CLOSES 3 DAYS PRIOR TO EVENT START) – $175
ON THE DAY REGISTRATION (CASH ONLY) – $250
Contact: [email protected]
To register for the 2018 USSSA / All-American Showcase [ Click here]
Registration Split Session
Odd Ages 9U, 11U & 13U Afternoon 4:00 pm – 4:30 pm
Even Ages 10U, 12U & 14U Evening 6:00 pm – 5:30 pm
- Registration can be done online at a discounted rate of $175 prior to the event. Walk up registration may be available at the field for $250. Online registrations close 3 days prior to the event start or when the Event is full.
- 2018 Participants playing with a Scholastic Waiver may register for their ‘Grade’ and not their age. Documentation (current report card) will be required upon check in to verify the Scholastic Waiver.
- If pre-registered, print your Payment Confirmation page after you register and bring it to the field as proof of pre-registration. You will not receive an email confirmation, please contact Tony Harper via email with Event location and player’s name and age division if you need a copy: [email protected]
- Continue to periodically check this event page for any possible updates. We run our events rain or shine and any weather updates will be posted here as necessary.
- Arrive to Showcase/Tryout during the posted Registration and Player Check In Time: Ages 9U, 11U, & 13U (3:00 pm – 3:30 pm) Ages 10U, 12U, & 14U (6:00 pm – 6:30 pm)
- Register/Check In to get a number and a shirt.
During the Event Split Session
Odd Ages 9U, 11U & 13U Afternoon 4:30 pm – 6:00 pm
Even Ages 10U, 12U & 14U Evening 6:30 pm – 9:00 pm
- Have your picture made in your All American shirt with number attached to front of your shirt.
- Participants will meet in center-field of a designated field for a debriefing of the Showcase.
- Participants will break off to their assigned fields by age group after the debriefing.
- Participants will warm up in center field and run the 60 yd dash using the laser timer system.
- OF down right field line to play catch, IF down left field line to play catch, Catchers play catch on either side.
- Outfielders will go next and will field 2 fly balls and 4 ground balls. One (1) fly ball & two (2) ground balls to 3rd and One (1) fly ball & two (2) ground balls to home.
- Infielders will go next, all Corner Infielders (CI) to respective bases either 1st or 3rd to field and throw 5 balls across the field. All Middle Infielders (MI) will go to deep short to field and throw 5 balls to 1st.
- Catchers will go next for their pop times and will get 5 throws to 2nd. (*Balls will be thrown in the dirt as well in order to simulate live pitches.)
- Hitting: 9u – 12u Underhand short screen. Each player 10 swings. 13u & 14u Live BP. Each Player 10 swings. After BP, participants will hit two (2) off of the batting tee for their Exit Velocity. Participants that are not Pitchers or Catchers may leave at this time.
- Bullpen Session (All Pitchers and Catchers) Pitchers – 10 pitches off mound (5 Fastballs, 4 Off-Speed of pitcher’s choice, finish with a Fastball) evaluated on control and velocity. Catchers evaluated on receiving, footwork, and blocking for their catching score.
After the Event
- Results will be posted 5-7 days after the conclusion of the event. These can be accessed from this event page or usssa.com under the All American Program tab – All American 9U-14U Registration.
- Direct Selections will be released once results are posted for the Event. These can be found under the 9U-14U Menu tab – Direct Selections at the top of this page.
- The remaining roster selections will be released after the conclusion of the last showcase for the season. They will be publicly announced according to the Selection Show schedule found at the bottom of the 2018 All American Showcases 9U-14U Regional Map. Players and parents will not be notified prior to this airing. The Regional Map can be found at the following link: http://usssaallamerican.com/all-american-showcase-team-tryouts-for-9u-14u/