July 26 – July 30th 2017
What is Global Sports:
Global Sports is part of USSSA. All ranking points won in a Global Sports Qualifier or World Series count in the USSSA Rankings.
Who Can Play:
Any team, 6U thru 13U in any classification (Major/AAA/AA) can play in the Global Sports World Series. Southern California teams will have to qualify by participating in USSSA Southern California tournaments in the 2016-2017 Season or by playing in at least 2 USSSA tournaments in ages 9U thru 13U and 1 USSSA tournament in ages 7/8U. Out of state teams should check with their State Director as to the availability of Global Qualifiers in their area.
Teams earning a berth at a Global Sports Qualifier may participate in the Global Sports/USSSA World Series. Teams may enter the Global Sports/USSSA World Series at www.usssa.com on a first come, first served basis. Teams may enter the Global Sports/USSSA World Series at any time, but entry is not official until all entry qualifications above are met. Global Sports World Series entry is $750 for all divisions. It is a 5 game guarantee, but many teams will play more than 5 games. The deadline to enter is Friday, July 21st. Teams must pay Entry Fee online upon entering the tournament. Payments cannot be accepted via check or cash for this event.
- Open to all Classifications- Major/AAA/AA
- Teams participating in the Elite World Series or Louisville Slugger World Series are eligible to play in the Global World Series.
- Ages 6U thru 13U
- Limited to 24 teams per age group (teams can be Major, AAA, or AA)
- Pool play followed by Championship Play.
- Championship Play will be split into Red, White, and Blue Divisions based on a team’s seeding for a “modified” double elimination tournament. A modified double elimination bracket means there is no “if” game. The winner of the championship game is the winner of the tournament.
- Teams will play at least 5 games. Many teams will play more than 5.
- Champions of the 3 divisions will be crowned World Series Champion and receive 1st Place awards and earn World Series USSSA Points.
All teams will play 4 games within pool play on Thursday and Friday. After pool play is complete, teams will be seeded 1-24 and placed into a championship bracket divided into Red, White and Blue divisions. Seeding for championship play is based on USSSA pool play/tie breaker criteria. Each division will have a champion.
World Series Rules:
- All playing rules will be governed by the USSSA handbook and the rules for Major League Baseball.
- Pitching rules will be by the USSSA National Rule Book and are different from the USSSA Southern California pitching rules. (6U plays Coach or Machine Pitch with standard So Cal USSSA rules as shown on this website)
- USSSA uses a May 1 cutoff for age qualification. 2017 ages will be used in this tournament.
- All bases distances and pitching distances will be according to the USSSA Rule Book.
- All players must be fully uniformed, which includes the following: pants, socks, cap, and team shirt with numbers that are non-duplicating and at least 3 inches in height. Protests on uniforms will not be allowed. There is no changing of numbers in a tournament other than for the “infectious disease “ rule. This change must be reported to the tournament director. If a player changes numbers for any other reason, he and the manager will be ejected from the game.
- Managers and coaches must be properly dressed but are not required to wear uniforms.
- While in the field as a defensive player, hats must be worn.
- Metal spikes are prohibited in the in all divisions younger than 13U.
- A full-use batting helmet which covers the top and back of the head and the side of the face must be worn by every player while in the on-deck circle, when at bat and while on the bases.
- The catcher must wear all appropriate protective gear.
- Games will be 6 innings in ages 6U-12U. Games will be 7 innings in 13U
- Players may play with only one team in the tournament.
- Time limits will be in effect in all games up until the final day. 1:30 during pool play and 1;40 during playoffs in ages 7U-8U. Time limits will be 1:45 during pool play and 1:55 during playoffs for ages 9U-12U. Time limits will be 2:00 during Pool Play and 2:10 during playoffs for ages 13U-14U. There will be no time limit in the Championship Games..
- USSSA 2017 Bat Rules are in effect.
Rules of Conduct:
- Team managers must have full control of their players at all times. This means “on” and “off” the field.
- In case of disputed play or decision, team managers or captains may consult the game officials. The other players and coaches or sponsors are to be kept out of the discussion.
- Managers, coaches, and players are not to fraternize with spectators while participating in an event. At no time will any participant be allowed to smoke while participating in any USSSA event.
- At no time will participants be allowed to drink alcoholic beverages nor have in their possession any alcoholic beverage while participating in any USSSA event.
- Managers are to report any unsportsmanlike or derogatory acts by players or spectators to the Tournament Director. The purpose here is to prevent any serious situation developing that would be harmful to the tournament.
- Managers, coaches, players, sponsors, and teams my be suspended by the Tournament Director for violation of any of these rules. This could mean suspension for one or more tournament games, the duration of the tournament, or in the most extreme cases, a longer duration.
- A player, coach, manager or sponsor may be suspended for fighting, abusive tactics, or unbecoming acts that are detrimental and not in the best interest of the United States Specialty Sports Association and tournament play.
- The hotels hosting tournament teams will report any occurrence of destruction of property or abuse of hotel property attributed to a team staying in the hotel. All reports from the hotels will be dealt with very sternly. Team managers please note that this is your only notice. Also, failure to pay hotel bills can result in team and its manager being disbarred from future USSSA play.
- Any teams submitting bad checks to USSSA will be subject to disbarment.
World Series Awards:
Team and Individual awards will be presented to the champion and runner up of the Red, White and Blue Championship Divisions.
Admission for the entire tournament will be $30 for adults and $25 for children (6-12) and Seniors (55+). Children under 6 are free. All attendees are required to obtain a tournament pass. Players, managers and coaches are free. A maximum of three manager/coaches passes will be issued to each team. The manager’s passes will be available at the Manager’s Meeting on opening day and are not necessary to attend Opening Ceremonies. Daily passes will also be available for $10 per day for adults and $7 per day for children and senior citizens (55+). Tournament passes are not required for Opening Ceremonies.
For more Information:
Check back regularly for more information on the Global World Series tournament. Should you have questions, feel free to contact:
Southern California USSSA
Southern California USSSA